What are the sleeping arrangements?
- Pepper Cottage - Kingsized bed, two singles and an occasional sofabed (linen not provided)
- Mountain Cottage - Kingsized bed, double bed, one single and one occasional put up bed (linen not provided)
- The Roost - Kingsized bed, double bed, two singles.
Are short-term breaks available?
- Though-out most the year we offer short stays of 2/3 + nights and total flexibility on check-in day except Sundays. The only exception is during peak summer months where we only offer 7 day stays checking in on Saturday.
Is the garden dog safe?
- In all our cottages we request that you keep an eye on dogs in the garden, but all the cottages have enclosed gardens when gates are shut.
What parking is available?
- Pepper Cottage - There is a driveway which can fit 2/3 cars.
- Mountain Cottage - There is one off street parking space, up a short but tight hill and also various street parking options. More information here.
- The Roost - There is a large driveway for 3 cars, however, the entrance is narrow (XXcm)
Are towels and linen included?
- Yes, the cottages will be set up with linen provided for all beds and towels for each guest.
Is there a washing machine?
- Yes, all the cottages have washing and drying facilities.
Do you provide logs for the wood-burner?
- Yes we do stock the Pepper Cottage and The Roost with logs which are usually stored in the outside buildings, these are also available to be purchased locally either at the Co-op or Post Office in Hawkshead or the BP Garage in Ambleside.
Are dogs welcome?
- Yes, dogs are welcome at all our cottages. We do however limit this to 2 dogs, who if left unattended should be secured in a crate. We don't charge extra for dogs but we do ask that you tidy up after them in the garden and inside at the end of your stay.
Is the cottage accessible by public transport?
- On the whole we would recommend guests have a car to make the most of the area, however, both Mountain Cottage and The Roost are within a 5 minute walk to a bus station with direct buses to Windermere Train Station.
Is there internet?
- Yes, all the cottages have unlimited internet, this is fast enough for streaming. Our recent speed tests show real-life speeds attainable are below, but please not many factors effect the speed during your stay.