What are the sleeping arrangements?
- Pepper Cottage - Kingsized bed, two singles and an occasional sofabed (linen not provided)
- Mountain Cottage - Kingsized bed, double bed, one single and one occasional put up bed (linen not provided)
- The Roost - Kingsized bed, double bed, two singles.
Are short-term breaks available?
- Though-out most the year we offer short stays of 2/3 + nights and total flexibility on check-in date. The only exception is during peak summer months where we only offer 7 day stays checking in on Saturday.
Is the garden dog safe?
- In all our cottages we request that you keep an eye on dogs in the garden, but all the cottages have enclosed gardens when gates are shut.
What parking is available?
- Pepper Cottage - There is a driveway which can fit 2/3 cars.
- Mountain Cottage - There is one off street parking space, up a short but tight hill and also various street parking options. More information here.
- The Roost - There is a large driveway for 3 cars, however, the entrance is narrow (XXcm)
Are towels and linen included?
- Yes, the cottages will be set up with linen provided for all beds and towels for each guest.
Is there a washing machine?
- Yes, all the cottages have washing and drying facilities.
Do you provide logs for the wood-burner?
- No, unfortunately, we are not able to provide logs for the wood burners at Pepper Cottage or The Roost however these are able to be purchased locally either at the Co-op or Post Office in Hawkshead or the BP Garage in Ambleside.
Are dogs welcome?
- Yes, dogs are welcome at all our cottages. We do however limit this to 2 dogs, who if left unattended should be secured in a crate.
Is there internet?
- Yes, all the cottages have unlimited internet, on the whole, this is fast enough to stream video and work on a number of devices.
Is the cottage accessible by public transport?
- On the whole we would recommend guests have a car to make the most of the area, however, both Mountain Cottage and The Roost are within a 5 minute walk to a bus station with direct buses to Windermere Train Station.